What Is the Hardware? We must differentiate between computers’ hardware and software because they are not the same. Would you like to know what it is and what are its main differences? In this opportunity, we will discuss what the hardware is, all its components, and even what each part of it serves.
What Is the Hardware: Hardware Definition
Computers, since its creation, have specific characteristics that it is essential to know. This is where the hardware stands out. This part of the computer is every external element of a computer. It is tangible, and it is sold piece by piece separately. These are internal elements that really make the computer work.
The hardware is composed of different parts, which interact with each other allows us to perform each of the processes that we need on the computer. These parts are the keyboard, the mouse, the monitor, the CPU. Although they are not the only ones, these are the most notorious, as are the internal components such as the motherboard, the processor, and the hard disk.
Difference Between Hardware and Software
Now that you know what the hardware is, we will tell you that they are not the same although it works together with the software. This first encompasses the entire physical part of a computer. For its part, the software is all the processes that are shown as a result of the interaction of the hardware components.
The software then does not physically exist, so it can not be touched. We can make the analogy with the human body. We have a body that is the equivalent of hardware, and we have thoughts that would be like software. Do you know more things that work like this?
As I mentioned earlier, the hardware is composed of several parts that interact with each other. The parts it owns then are:
- CPU or Central Processing Unit: This is the small black box where all information processing occurs. In it, there is a set of circuits and parts that allow input and output processes. It houses hard drives, memories, processors, among other parts.
- The Screen or Monitor: This is the part that allows us to reproduce those actions that we ask the CPU to perform.
- Mouse: It is a small internal device that works as a pointer. It helps to move and locate on the screen with its movement to choose the function that we want to perform on the screen.
- CD, DVD, Blu-ray Drive: These are small boxes inside the CPU that allow us to read each one of the acetates formats mentioned. This in order to play them or record them again. Previously the diskettes were used to record the information.
- Keyboard: This allows us to include in the computers all the information we need. It is ordered just like a typewriter key.
You can get all these parts separately to be able to build what the hardware is. In case one of them is missing or fails, the computer can not work, so this damaged or missing piece can be replaced without any problem.
You may also like to read